The MTN HyNet Flex: New Trend?
Today, we are going to talk about this wonderful internet service that has gained popularity across the nation; MTN HyNet Flex. We would understand what this service is all about, how to subscribe, and change the passwords. Shall we begin?
What is MTN HyNet Flex?
MTN HyNet Flex is a high speed internet service that can be used for different businesses, ranging from low scale to medium or large scale businesses. It can also be used by households or just individuals. The reason it has an edge over normal USSD subscription plans, is it’s swift delivery of internet connection, and faster downloadable power. The plans however, are more expensive than the USSD subscription plans. Safe to say that it buys the smaller plans. The MTN HyNet has two major plans: LTE and WiMAX, which are further divided into the Unlimited and Standard Plans. Each plan has its own allotted speed and availability. The prices of each plan are as follows;
PLAN PRICE DURATION
12gb N4,000 30 days
25gb N8,000 30 days
45gb N11,000 30 days
100gb N18,000 30 days
160gb N25,000 30 days
280gb N36,000 60 days
360gb N45,000 90 days
800gb N90,000 180 days
1.5tb N150,000 365 days
Instead of using just a sim card, the HyNet Flex comes with a router that different devices can connect to. Another thing to know about HyNet Flex, is that it is location limited. That is, it works only in specific locations. However, efforts are being made to tackle this challenge, and very soon it will be effective in all locations.
Subscribing to MTN HyNet Flex Plans
In this section, I am going to list the procedures to follow, to subscribe to a HyNet Flex plan. Stick with me.
- Firstly, visit the MTN HyNet flex official page, www.mtnbusiness.com.ng/hynetflex
- Then, renew subscription, or subscribe to MTN HyNet flex by going through the MTN hynet flex plans
- Locate the plan you want, and click on the link to subscribe
Well, that is how you subscribe. But if you find it hard to subscribe, you can call the MTN customer service.
PS: To get the router, you should visit an MTN local center around you, and make inquiries.
How to Change MTN HyNet Flex passwords
There are two types of passwords on the HyNet Flex. They are, the admin password, and the Wi-Fi password (technically called WPA Key.) The admin password is used to gain access to the HyNet Flex settings pane, while the Wi-Fi password is used to connect devices to the router.
In this section, I am going to show you how you can change both passwords. Let us get into it!
Firstly, let us look at the admin password. The default admin password for every HyNet Flex router is “admin”. It is wise to change this password, as anyone who knows the default password may access your router without your permission. Even worse, such person could change your password!
Here’s how to change the password;
- Connect your device to the MTN HyNet Flex router
- Visit http://192.168.0.1 using your web browser
- Login with the default password (admin)
- Now, you are logged in, click on “modify login password”, and create a new password
Voila! You have changed the admin password. You can now control the access to your router.
Now, let us look at the Wi-Fi password. MTN HyNet Flex is a dual-band router; meaning that it can broadcast two bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) at a time. The two bands can both possess different Wi-Fi passwords or WPA Keys, as it is technically known. So, it is good if you have your own passwords for these bands.
Here’s how to create the Wi-Fi password(s);
- Again, connect your device to the HyNet Flex router
- Visit http://192.168.0.1 using your browser
- Login with your admin login password. Remember that the default password is “admin”
- When you gain access to the dashboard, click the settings button under W-Fi
- You would be redirected to a new page. On that page, there are settings for the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz Wi-Fi bands
- You can go on to set new passwords for each of them by modifying the passwords in the WLAN key field
- After you have changed the WLAN key, click on “apply”. Upon successful WLAN key change, your device would be disconnected
- Now, log in with your new password(s) and stay connected!
And that is how to change the Wi-Fi password. Did that help? If it did not, I recommend calling the MTN customer service.
Okay, friends. It is here we draw the curtains. I hope you found this article helpful? If you did, please be kind to share. If not, please leave a comment. For your questions, leave them in the comments section, and I will be there to reply.
Till we meet to read again.